The trainings of CPADD are based on official texts.
The center relies on different standards:
- IMAS (International Mine Action Standards)
- IATG (International Ammunition Technical Guidelines)
- ISACS (International Small Arms Control Standards)
You will find enclosed a portion of these official texts.
Extract from IMAS 09.30 Edition 5 Amendment 5 (Explosive Ordnance Disposal):
- A Level 1 (EOD) qualification enables the trained holder of the qualification to locate, expose and to destroy in situ, when possible, single items of mines and specific ERW on which the individual has been trained; thus Level One operators may be licensed to destroy only specific items of ordnance.
- In addition to the skills of a Level 1 (EOD) qualification, a Level 2 (EOD) qualification enables the holder to determine when it is safe to move and transport munitions and to conduct the simultaneous disposal of multiple items of ordnance using line mains or ring mains. This qualification extends only to those mines and specific ERW on which the individual has been trained;
- In addition to the skills of a Level 1 and 2 (EOD) qualification a Level 3 (EOD) qualification enables the holder to conduct render-safe procedures and final disposal of a wide range of specific types of explosive ordnance on which the individual has been trained; and
- In addition to the skills of a Level 1, 2 and 3 (EOD) qualification, which cover the skills that are routinely required in Mine Action, there may be a requirement for additional specialist skills. The Level 3+ (EOD) qualification is for specialist EOD operators who have been trained in areas that needed to address specific hazards. Level 3+ competencies are listed in the T&EP 09.30/01/2014 and include the following:
(1) Clearance of AFV.
(2) DU related EO and hazards
(3) Guided Weapon System AXO where the missile is fitted in the launcher.
(4) Guided Missiles containing liquid propellants.
(5) Intact cluster munitions.
(6) IED Disposal.
(7) Underwater EOD.
(8) Chemical EOD
The Level 3+ (EOD) qualification shall clearly indicate the specialist training received by each individual, whether within core or specialist competencies.
In view of the IMAS 09.30 and of T&EP 09.30/01/2014, you will find attached the summary of competencies taught during the training EOD level 1, 2 and 3 to CPADD.
Ce contenu est également disponible en : French