FORM AND CONTENT OF COURSE: MECHANICAL DEMINING
Train personnel with responsibilities, working in a national structure, in a Governmental Organisation (GO), in a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) or in a demining center. They must be able to propose, depending on the terrain, “mechanical demining and depollution operations” for clearance of humanitarian demining sites, and additional, be able to conduct manual demining.
The well trained personnel will be able to:
- propose the use of one or more mechanical machines in demining/depollution operations;
- advise the demining and depollution site leader on the use of mechanical demining machines ;
- participate in the management and monitoring of the mechanical demining/depollution site.
Duration of the course:
02 weeks (including reception and departure formalities)
Fixed cost per trainee:
See “Inscription Modalities”
Conditions d’admission :
- Holding the diploma « EOD level 2” provided by CPADD or another structure after approval of the Director of Studies of CPADD (essential prerequisite).
- Being a lower officer or higher NCO, preferable a member of the engineers, or any other weapon or army, if possible in an operational structure, or
- Being part of a national structure, a national or international organization or a national demining center or a humanitarian demining GO or a humanitarian demining NGO, and having sufficient operational experience.
- Having experience in demining and/or depollution operations.
- Having a large potential and the needed intellectual capabilities to follow this course.
- Being physically and psychologically fit to voluntary work in a team in hazardous environments.
- This course is subject to final tests.
- CPADD reserves the right to exclude the trainee for disciplinary, medical or attendance reasons,
- The trainee must get an average of 10/20 or more to obtain a diploma.
- This course uses external players from the DIGGER society.
Contents of the course:
The content of the mechanical demining course comprises of 2 parts from 1 week each. The first part is devoted to the knowledge of the mechanical demining equipment (maintenance and use) and the second week is devoted to:
- Being a team leader (managing one or more mechanical machines),
- Advising the demining and depollution site leader
TOTAL : 80 hours
Ce contenu est également disponible en : French