Form and stage content :
- Train staff capable of working in a military unit, in a demining center, in a Governmental Organization (GO), in a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) or in a national/international humanitarian demining structure. They must be capable of occupying the inherent responsabilities in the conduct of demining operations and pyrotechnical depollution operations in the field, and be capable to lead a team of thirty humanitarian deminers.
- The humanitarian demining site leader is in charge of the organization and the conduct of clearance operations of mines, Explosive Ordnance (EO) and explosive remnants of war (ERW) on the area of his responsibility.
- He is responsible for the implementation of safety rules, in strict compliance with international standards in all aspects of the mission which is entrusted to him.
Duration of the course:
06 weeks (including reception and departure formalities)
Fixed cost per trainee:
See “Inscription Modalities”
Admission terms :
- Holding the diploma « EOD level 2” provided by CPADD or another structure after approval of the Director of Studies of CPADD (essential prerequisite).
- Being a lower officer or higher NCO, preferable a member of the engineers, or any other weapon or army, if possible in an operational structure, or
- Being part of a national structure, a national or international organization or a national demining center or a humanitarian demining GO or a humanitarian demining NGO, and having sufficient operational experience.
- Having a large potential and the needed intellectual capabilities to follow this course.
- Being physically and psychologically fit to voluntary work in a team in hazardous environments.
- This course is subject to a language test, weekly tests and final tests.
- CPADD reserves the right to exclude the trainee for disciplinary, medical or attendance reasons,
- The trainee must get an average of 10/20 or more to obtain a diploma.
Contents of the course :
The demining and depollution site leader course handles 10 general objectives:
- Objective n°0 : course environment (34 hours).
- Objective n°1: the demining and depollution site leader knows the demining environment (8 hours).
- Objective n°2: the demining and depollution site leader studies the explosives and explosives tools (32 hours).
- Objective n°3 : the demining and depollution site leader studies the munitions (34 hours).
- Objective n°4: first aid and communication (32 hours).
- Objective n°5: locating and safe access (55 hours).
- Objective n°6: post-task activities (2 hours).
- Objective n°7: mine risk education (9 hours).
- Objective n°8: quality management (10 hours).
- Final objective: end exercise (24 hours).
TOTAL : 240 hours
Ce contenu est également disponible en : French