FORM AND CONTENT OF COURSE: EOD LEVEL 2
- Train personnel capable of working as a deminer, to participate in disposal operations of Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) in a military unit, in a demining center or in a Governmental Organization (GO), in a Non Governmental Organization (NGO) or in a national/international humanitarian demining structure.
- The “EOD level 2” is able to intervene on conventional munitions, likely to be encountered in peacekeeping operations and in humanitarian demining operations.
- He can be the leader of a systematic demining team.
- Training for the function of responsable for the implementation of explosifs.
Duration of the course:
06 weeks (including reception and departure formalities)
Fixed cost per trainee:
See “Inscription Modalities”
- Holding the diploma « EOD level 1” provided by CPADD or another structure after approval of the Director of Studies of CPADD (essential prerequisite).
- Being a lower officer or NCO, preferable a member of the engineers, or any other weapon or army, if possible in an operational structure, or
- Being part of a national structure, a national or international organization or a national demining center or a humanitarian demining GO or a humanitarian demining NGO,
- Having a large potential and the needed intellectual capabilities to follow this course.
- Being physically and psychologically fit to voluntary work in a team in hazardous environments.
- This course is subject to a language test, weekly tests and final tests.
- CPADD reserves the right to exclude the trainee for disciplinary, medical or attendance reasons,
- The trainee must get an average of 12/20 or more to obtain a diploma.
Contents of the course:
The 3 levels of EOD courses handle 10 identical general objectives. The allocated time for each objective differs depending on the course.
The content of the EOD level 2 course contains following objectives:
- Objective n°0: course environment (25 hours).
- Objective n°1: the EOD level 2 operator knows the demining environment (8 hours).
- Objective n°2: the EOD level 2 operator studies the explosives and explosives tools (32 hours).
- Objective n°3: the EOD level 2 operator studies the munitions (68 hours).
- Objective n°4: first aid and communication (24 hours).
- Objective n°5: locating and safe access (38 hours).
- Objective n°6: post-task activities (8 hours).
- Objective n°7: mine risk education (9 hours).
- Objective n°8: quality management (6 hours).
- Final objective: end exercise (22 hours).
TOTAL : 240 hours